SuSE 9.1, Thinkpad i1452, and power saving
  • From: "Steve Kratz" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:13:23 -0500
This one has me stumped - I haven't been able to Google anything that seems
to point in the right direction.

SuSE 9.1 seems to love this laptop (albeit a little slow). Everything works
on it, with one minor flaw: SOMETIMES (about every other boot), the ACPI
power button won't trigger shutdown.

When it works, I just touch the power switch, the laptop gracefully shuts
down. When it's not working, hitting the power button does nothing. I >can<
hold it for 5+ seconds and it will hard power down.

This is a fairly minor glitch, but it's just one of those "WHY???" things
that's going to make me lose sleep :)

Thanks!
Steve