Re: [SLE] Re: USB scanners in 9.1
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:26:32 +1000
On Thu, 20 May 2004 20:26, Fergus Wilde wrote:
> So does anyone have an Epson USB scanner working nicely just as expected
> under 9.1? If so, please post any config files for it.

I hate to say my Epson 1650 Scanner works without any problems. I set it up
using Yast it took two attempts if I remember correctly.

Does Yast recognise your scanner model?
If not, I suggest you start looking at the hotplug usb tables to make sure
your scanner has an entry. /etc/hotplug/usb/sane-hardcoded.usermap

The epson.conf contains the following:-
# epson.conf
# SCSI scanner:
scsi EPSON
#
# Parallel port scanner:
#pio 0x278
#pio 0x378
#pio 0x3BC
#
# USB scanner - only enable this if you have an EPSON scanner. It could
# otherwise block your non-EPSON scanner from being
# recognized.
# Depending on your distribution, you may need either the
# first or the second entry.
usb
usb 0x4b8 0x110

--