Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.1 - BAH!
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:52:53 -0700
* Thom Nuzum (linux@xxxxxxxxxxx) [040519 16:50]:
>I spoke too soon.
>On my fourth boot into Windows I have lost my Boot Loader completely and what
>followed was an awful clicking sound and a boot into SuSE. My system bios
>now flashes around like crazy opening and closing things.
>My hard drive is new so I can return it. I suspect it is finished.
>Can anyone recommend a workable hard drive if thats my problem.
>Mine was a Maxtor 250GB (they were on sale and had the Novell stamp of
>approval) very funny.

But that was for Netware. If you want to use SUSE then you have to
choose Seagate. ;)

I refuse to buy Maxtors after I had 3 die on me in a 6 month period. I
avoid them if possible.

--
"There is no need to teach that stars can fall out of the sky
and land on a flat Earth in order to defend religious faith."