Re: [SLE] Setting up Apache virtual hosts under SuSE 9.1?
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 05:19, poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > http://chaogic.com/vhost/
> >
> Thanks, looked at it. Overkill for most people IMO -- not everyone is an
> internet service provider! On the other hand, I am not sure if it offers
> enough control on a lower level. And, I sincerely wonder how secure the
> web interface is. I generally don't like the approach of giving the
> webserver write permissions over its own configuration, and the perl
> script that's run via the setuid root wrapper is something that I do not
> want to touch with a 10' pole.
>
> Peter

To each their own. :)

I don't use the web interface. Strictly command line. You are probably
correct, it may be over kill if you are running just one or two virtual
hosts. But it does make setting up a virtual host and doing admin work
very easy for first time people.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx>

< Previous Next >