Re: [SLE] 9.1 ISO
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:23:37 +0100
Fondow, Jonathan E WO1 wrote:

?
I am looking for the ISO's for SUSE 9.1. If I were back in the states, I would purchase, but getting things shipped here is a little difficult. I need to replace an NT box and would rather load Linux on the new system. Thank you.

CW2 Jonathan Fondow (251A)
230TH SPT BN, S6
Camp Caldwell, Iraq

Quite a while ago SuSE stopped making ISO's because of the heavy traffic they generated. The alternatives would be to download the binaries (some time in June they should be available) or use an ftp install after downloading and burning the small boot.iso file. At present Mandrake and Fedora are the only mainstream ones to provide ISO's. Fedora core 2 has had good reviews, but I've not got around to downloading it. I upgraded one box here from Mandrake 9.2 to 10.0 using the ISO's and it's been well behaved. SuSE 9.1 both x86 and x86_64 have been largely OK, but with a few more wrinkes than any previous SuSE distro.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >