Re: [SLE] dvi to <other format>
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:36:43 +0200
On Wednesday 19 May 2004 14:03, Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
> Is it possible to get an output format other than "dvi" from LaTeX ?
> Or does any tool exist to translate from "dvi" to any other displayable
> format ?
> Thank you.
>
> ME
You can go straight from .tex to .pdf with the command "pdflatex" instead of
"latex'.
Alternatively you can use "dvips" to convert .dvi into PostScript and of
course, convert PostScript into almost anything, including hard copy and
(yes!) pdf (ps2pdf).
And you would do well to use Lyx as front end to Latex instead of sculpting
the Latex source with your bare hands. :-) That way you'd let take Lyx care
of the conversions. There used to be a KDE version around (klyx) but as far
as I can tell that project has been discontinued. Anyway, it isn't part of
the distro anymore (9.0). It was in 7.2 and maybe in later versions too.

Best regards,
--
Jos van Kan

< Previous Next >