Re: [SLE] powersaved question
  • From: ax <axlinux@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:32:45 +0300
Malke Routh wrote:

Hi - I've got one little glitch with the new install of 9.1 on my
Thinkpad X31. After getting into KDE after startup, I get the error
message that powersaved can't start because the user isn't a member of
the powersave group. I go into YaST users configuration and don't find a
powersave group, although the man pages for powersave say there is a
system group already. When I try to add the powersave group in YaST
group config, it gives me an error because the group name is longer than
8 characters. The power management applet that I set up in YaST is
working fine, btw and the laptop is now cool and everything is
wonderful.

Should I stop powersaved from running or is there something I can do
that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Malke

I have to confirm this same behaviour in a Fujitsu_Siemens Lifebook 4010E "Centrino".