Re: [SLE] Setting up Apache virtual hosts under SuSE 9.1?
  • From: poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:19:01 +0200
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 06:10:37PM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 09:06, poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Check out a package called vhost. It does a fine job of setting up
> > > virtual hosts.
> >
> > Which package is that?
> >
> > 'vhost' is not enough keyword to find it via Google ;)
> >
> > Peter
>
> Was the first entry from the google search I did.

Amazing. The first hit out of 118,000. ;)

> http://chaogic.com/vhost/
>
> Does a very good job of handling multiple vhosts on a server along with
> email etc.

Thanks, looked at it. Overkill for most people IMO -- not everyone is an
internet service provider! On the other hand, I am not sure if it offers
enough control on a lower level. And, I sincerely wonder how secure the
web interface is. I generally don't like the approach of giving the
webserver write permissions over its own configuration, and the perl
script that's run via the setuid root wrapper is something that I do not
want to touch with a 10' pole.

Peter