Re: [SLE] Quick question about Yast and Apache
  • From: poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:54:30 +0200
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:36:43PM -0500, Mobeen Azhar wrote:
> On SuSE 9.1 (I think it was the same on 9.0), Yast has two places where
> one can configure modules for Apache2. One is at System -> /etc
> /sysconfig editor and then Network -> WWW -> Apache2 and then modifyin
> the APACHE_MODULES variable. Another appears to be Network Services - >
> HTTP Server and then selecting modules and clicking on edit. It seems
> that not the same list of modules is shown in both places. Where should

The list "should" be roughly equivalent in both cases. In case of doubt,
the list in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 (which is shown by the sysconfig
editor) is authoritative.

There might be some tweaks in the YaST module to show something sligthly
different (well, it's YaST's task to hide the details, isn't it?).

> one go to add a new module? I have gotten it to work by going the first
> route (System -> /etc/sysconfig editor ...) but cannot seem to get it to
> work by using the second method. Which is the preferred method?

Well, the first method always works ;-)

If method 2 (YaST) doesn't work, a bug report would be appreciated
(www.suse.com/feedback).

Peter