Re: [SLE] Problems getting samba share to block users
  • From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <bb+shared.it.lists.suse-e@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:41:58 +0000
Damian,

I can't see any problem with that. However, I would change the umask. Can you
try the following?

[archive]
path = /archive
comment = Archive drive
create mode = 0740
write list = jbloggs,fsmith,rjohnson
valid users = jbloggs,fsmith,rjohnson
public = no

Just in case! :-)

Quoting Damian Buckley <damian.buckley@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
I've set my smb.conf file up in the following way:

[archive]
path = /archive
comment = Archive drive
create mode = 0777
valid users = jbloggs,fsmith,rjohnson
writeable = yes
public = no

No matter what I do though - anybody can access this share via Windows.
Why is this? All the users are set up as samba users and can already
access a share drive. I just want to block access to this archive drive
for certain users!

Many thanks in advance

Damian Buckley

________________________________

Damian Buckley
I.T. Assistant
Federation of Small Businesses

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for
the use of the addressee only. Notice is hereby given that any
disclosure, use or copying of the information by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited and may be illegal. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by
return email. The sender and the FSB do not accept liability for any
damage sustained as a result of software viruses and advises that you
carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
Network Manager and Systems Administrator
Angra do HeroĆ­smo Nursing School (ESEnfAH)