Re: [SLE] laptop touchpad issue
  • From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <bb+shared.it.lists.suse-e@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:38:05 +0000
Thom,

are you sure the problem is with the kernel? SuSE 9.0 had an configuration file
in /etc which allowed to specify the behaviour! I don't remember the exact
name, but it was related to the driver - tk*, touch* or synaptics*. The option
had something to do with "tapping".
If you use the ZAxisMapping, at least your external mouse should have the wheel
working. I don't see why setting this option should affect your display. Wasn't
there any typo?

Quoting Thom Nuzum <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I added Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" and lost my display completely.
Removed it and am back to normal again. I have added a real mouse to the
laptop, of course the scroll wheel also does not work on either of my 2 SuSe
9.1 installs.
I suppose I will need an external modem and that wireless is probably a
disaster too.
Please patch this kernel soon!

Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
Network Manager and Systems Administrator
Angra do HeroĆ­smo Nursing School (ESEnfAH)