Re: [SLE] Printing from Mozilla/Firefox in 9.1
  • From: Dom Incollingo <DomIncollingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 08:36:18 -0500
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Dom Incollingo <DomIncollingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-17-04 19:40]:

Thanks for the info. The xpp command works great.

But when I update the unix.js to contain the list of printers, I still have to set up moz to user either xpp or kprinter in order to print. It won't print for me using the lpr command like it did in 9.0.

You should have a drop-down list of printers when you try to print
after adding the printers as was indicated. But if you are satisfied
with xpp, use it. It is, IMNSHO, a better choice than kprinter.
Yes, I did have a drop-down list showing the printers (color gray photo) that I added to unix.js. However, when I chose to print using the lpr command (rather than xpp or kprinter), nothing printed. I have since changed the entries in unix.js to hp_deskjet895c/gray hp_deskjet895c/color hp_deskjet895c/photo. Now, when I choose a printer from the drop-down, I can print successfully using the lpr command! Print goes directly to the printer, without any xpp or kprinter dialog popping up.

I also tried printing from the command line using the lpr command, and this also works, as long as I specify the print queue with the 'hp_deskjet895c/' prefix. For some reason, I need to reference a print queue as 'hp_deskjet895c/gray', rather than as 'gray'. In 9.0, I could reference a queue as 'gray', etc. Don't know what changed between 9.0 and 9.1....

Thanks very much for your help.

< Previous Next >