Re: [SLE] FTP installation Question
  • From: Luca Botti <botti.luca@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 08:01:28 +0200
Alle 02:06, martedì 18 maggio 2004, Mike McMullin ha scritto:
> On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 10:48, James Davis wrote:
> > Is it possible to install 9.0 from the comlete download of i386
> > directory on a windows partition.?
> > What I mean, is it possible to download the complete i386 directory
> > (2.9 gb) to a windows partiton and then proceed with
> > the installation .
> >
> > If so, is there any documentation availible that gives a step by step

Yes, you can. Burn the boot.iso and reboot from there. Then select a manual
installation, and choose hard disk as the media. Be careful about which
filesystem (FAT32 or NTFS) because i seem to recall that NTFS is not
available. Then set the correct installation source.
It is possible to install from hard disk even from USB or FireWire devices,
through the latter is an hassle (need to scan the scsi bus).

Bye

< Previous Next >