Re: [SLE] rasping sound under 9.1 pro
  • From: SuSE User <suse-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:52:55 -0400
I have gotten some weird squealing when using XMMS. I noticed when I opened the mixer and touched one of the volume sliders (main, i think) it stopped. Then I noticed if I turned the PCM volume above 70ish it was there; turn it down to 70 and it stops.

Anyone else have same results?

At 08:39 AM 5/17/2004, you wrote:

--- Vince Littler <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Only to say "Me too". I have a rasping sound under
> 9.1 - but not under 9.0.
>
> So it looks like it is a real 9.1 problem
>

> Vince

I don't know if this is related or not, but in the
dell laptops group on yahoo there have been reports of
a sound problem in 9.1:

It doesn't look like that guys has found a solution
yet :(