Re: [SLE] create rescue disk - SuSe 9.0 desktop
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 04:04:41 +0200
On Tuesday 18 May 2004 03.45, Russbucket wrote:
> I am having a problem making a rescue disk. It gets to the 90% complete on
> verification an comes up with an error to try another disk. I've tryed 6
> disks. It makes the boot disk OK. SuSE tech Support says to use the
> mkrescue command but it cannot be found when I try to use it as root. Does
> this need to be installed from somewhere?
> Thank you in advance.

The only mkrescue I can find is in the lilo package, but I don't think that's
what you're looking for, since all that does is create a boot disk.

If it's a rescue floppy you're creating, look at boot/rescuefloppy in the
distribution directory. copy that to a floppy with "dd if=rescuefloppy
of=/dev/fd0"