Re: [SLE] short fizzing sound
  • From: The Purple Tiger <Jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 21:02:16 +0100
On Monday 17 May 2004 20:45, Joao - Calcados Jacob S/A wrote:
> ... just one last thing obut monitors......
> DONĀ“T TOUCH THE TUBE!!!
>
> if You touch it, even after 10-15 minutes... it migth be a VERY
> shocking experience...
Good advice actually, I do forget that the disspation resistor (forgot
the proper name for it, I mean the one that is supposed to slowly
discharge caps etc) can be "inadequate".

Oh, and make sure you take off ANY metal jewellry too, as it can touch
things, even if you don't ;)
I have seen the burn marks and melted bracelet of a friend who forgot
whilst the monitor was on *shakes head* silly boy.

You could always wear washing-up-gloves [dry, naturally :)] and make
sure the glove opening is tucked under your sleeves....

Just be careful!

< Previous Next >