Sony CRX225A CDRW
  • From: John Heffington <jdheff1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:40:16 -0500
System Specs:
CPU = AMD 2200+
MEM = 256MB DDR
Video = ATI Radeon 9800XT (Not fully working under SuSE 9.0)
Sound = Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Mainboard = MSI Delta-LSR 6590
CD-ROM = Sony CRX225A CDRW
HDD = Seagate SATA 160g
Here's the deal, I can install on this cd-rom no problem; but, trying to
listen to audio CD's is a problem. I keep getting I/O errors from this
device. When I checked out the Hardware Info under YAST, it said this
device was SCSI?!?!?! It clearly is not SCSI and is EIDE. ALso, SuSE
thinks this CD-ROM is a CRX225E instead of a CRX225A. Sadly, Windows XP
is giving me the same results, no cd audio playback. Could it be a
faulty CD-ROM??? Please help!!
Thanks!

  • No further messages