Re: [SLE] usb related problems (suse 9.1)
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:24:48 -0400
On Monday May 17 2004 1:46 pm, C Hamel wrote:

[snip]

> > I doubt that you will corrupt any data! I've had 9.1 running for over a
> > week now, and have extracted uncounted images taken from my SanDisk Ultra
> > II cards with NO problems. NO, I don't mount and unmount. 'Works
> > perfectly.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > --
> > "The only secure Microsoft software is what's still
> > shrink-wrapped in their warehouse..." (Forno)
>
> My problem is that I have to manually mount. Is that because the card
> remains in the slot when I shut down/boot?

No, I don't think so. The "change" in 9.1 is that submount works for all users
by default. The only "user" who can mount unmount is root, or so it has been
for all of the installs I've done so far. 'Outta get a commission for all the
copies users have bought on my recommendation......at least a shirt!! :)

Fred