Re: [SLE] usb related problems (suse 9.1)
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:09:03 -0400
On Monday May 17 2004 11:30 am, Ales Jagodnik wrote:
> Exactly this is the problem, I cannot do this as a normal user (from
> console or by right-clicking the icon in Mycomputer or Desktop).
> I have to log in as root (su) and manually umount /dev/sda1.
>
> I am afraid that not unmounting the device would corrupt data (as in
> Windows without ejecting device). I guess "sync" option helps a bit?!?

I doubt that you will corrupt any data! I've had 9.1 running for over a week
now, and have extracted uncounted images taken from my SanDisk Ultra II cards
with NO problems. NO, I don't mount and unmount. 'Works perfectly.

Fred

--
"The only secure Microsoft software is what's still
shrink-wrapped in their warehouse..." (Forno)