Re: [SLE] Re: Palm sync with Evolution in 9.1
  • From: David Krider <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 06:40:41 -0500
On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 04:25, John Pettigrew wrote:
> If you're having problems, you need to track down why. If you've got a
> Tungsten T, you need to check that your system is working properly (older
> systems won't recognise the device ID code).

Like I said, I'm on SuSE 9.1.

> From what you say, it sounds like
> it's picking up the USB connection OK, so try pressing the HotSync button,
> waiting for the beep and then typing
> pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -l
> which should list all the files on your Palm. If it fails, what's the error?

You're right, as I indicated, my connection is fine.

> When you do a sync using JPilot, do JPilot and the Palm both report a
> successful sync? If so, try visiting the JPilot list and report this - it
> might be a bug in JPilot.

Like I said, jpilot is only showing me the contents of about half of my
memos. It most definitely is a bug in jpilot. I even compiled a new
version from source, but I still get the same behavior. I should have
figured that jpilot had a list. Maybe I'll try to track it down.

dk