Font substitution - how does it work?
  • From: Radule Soskic <rms@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:27:18 +0200
Hi, list!

I noticed that a very strange fonts appear in printouts of my mail
messages. I use Evolution from ULB site (v.1.4.6) in KDE 3.2.2 (upgraded
on top of stock SUSE 9.0 Pro)...For the moment, Evolution is the only
application I found having this symptom.

On screen, I see the fonts correctly, but when print (and when preview
print), the part of text which belogs to message header is printed in a
very strange font, almost unreadable. The rest of the message text is
OK.

I suspect it has something to do with font substitution. I remember that
there existed a central place where the substitution was handled for the
whole system, whatever the version of KDE it was in that time.

Now, I can't find it anymore. Any help, advice, pointers welcome!

Best regards & TIA

cikasole

  • No further messages