Re: [SLE] No Touchpad
  • From: Adolph & Sharon Weidanz <timeto.paws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 23:48:20 -0700

C Hamel wrote:
| On Sunday 16 May 2004 18:51, Jason wrote:
|

|>>Jason
|
| I actually misstated the problem. The touchpad will work for
navigating the
| pointer but I have no choice but to use the buttons rather than being
able to
| tap the touchpad for selection. (Actually, it isn't all bad because the
| touchpad was so sensitive on SuSE9 that I was constantly changing
windows &
| then when I was typing in a word processor, or something, the changed
focus
| would start loading other apps, and such, and it was a major pain, but
| sometimes I want the capability.) Also, Synaptics isn't listed in the
mouse
| listing.
|
| As for kdegames... the kmahjongg is missing. That's the only one I ever
| messed with ...and now it seems to be gone. :-\

If you tried to configure the touchpad from yast->hardware->mouse, you
won't find it. I found it in yast->hardware->graphics card and monitor,
and from there 'change' on the graphic mode and look for inupt devices.
I had to go into /etc/X11/XF86Config and the synaptic touhpad info and
the usb mouse. I can send that portion of the file if you want.
- --
Adolph & Sharon Weidanz
'78 43' Endeavour Ketch
S/V Time To Paws