compiler missing
  • From: "Don W. Jenkins" <jinxinker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:56:10 -0700 (PDT)
I need help in finding and putting an "acceptable" C compiler in my
PATH, because when I download a tarball (any tarball) in Personal 9.1
and then try to to the ./configure thing after it is untarred, I get an
error message that I do not have an acceptable C compiler in my PATH.
I pretty well installed the whole shooting match, and I don't really
see much of a C compiler at all. Maybe this is something SUSE reserves
for the special people who pop for the Professional version, but I did
not want the 2.6 Kernel for reasons of hardware compatibility, so I
ordered the Personal version for reasons of Kernel version. So how do
I get the kind of basic usability I've been used to in "lesser"
distros? Unless you know you have provided every program I'm going to
need, don't hamstring me in getting them for myself.

Don J.

=====
Don W. Jenkins
"Ms. Jaggers" |
'84 XJ6 Gray/Gray | "People will let you do whatever you will"
--Max Farce