Re: [SLE] 9.1 Live CD won't boot...
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:53:04 -0500

On Sunday 16 May 2004 19:33, Carlos F Lange wrote:
> Same here. In my case it freezes right after making the selection for
> boot up, no matter what option is selected, without giving any error
> messages. My box is an Athlon XP 2800+ on an ASUS A7N8X-E
> board.
>
> Is nobody at SuSE paying attention? The LiveCD is supposed to
> provide "good advertisement" for them, not bad!! It would be better
> to reduce the features but improve the hardware compatibility on
> the single CD.
>
> Carlos
>
> On May 16, 2004 03:39 pm, James Knott wrote:
> > That Live Eval CD is broken. Many people have problems with it. I've
> > tried it on 3 different systems and it failed on all of them. The
> > failures were different on each computer.
>
> --
I took the Live CD to the neighbor who wanted to try SuSE... he has a Dell
desktop. The bootup frozed at his PCMCIA device lookup (he has none) and
that was that. He opted for Knoppix.
- --
...CH
Avoid doing business with 'The Link' ISP.
SuSE Is All U Need
Linux user# 313696
Linux box# 199365

< Previous Next >