LAN not working
  • From: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:08:05 +0800
I have a SuSE 6.4 box which I want to bring into a SuSE 9.0 box. However, I found a problem with the internal LAN.

Both Ethernet cards are setup:
eth0 with IP and netmask and default gateway
eth1 with IP 192.168.0.254 and netmask 255.255.255.0

arp -a reports the windows machine (DHCP) with:
? 192.168.0.122 .....

netstat -rn and ifconfig looks also normal to me.

ping 192.168.0.122 from SuSE 9.0 is 100% lost
(same from Windows to 192.168.0.254)

plugging back the LAN cable to 6.4 works

using the Ethernet card from 6.4 does not change anything.

Where should I look next?

bye

Ronald

--
Ronald Wiplinger (CEO of ELMIT)
http://www.elmit.com +886 (0) 915 653-452

PS: Spam prevention!
Our system is protected with a spam prevention program. If you send us an e-mail, our system will send you a confirmation message back. Just reply to this confirmation message please. After receiving this confirmation message, our system will send the hold message (one) and all future messages (after the received confirmation message) to me without asking you again.