Re: [SLE] SuSE 7.1 Recovery
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 14:43:20 -0400

C Hamel wrote:

On Sunday 16 May 2004 10:18, David Johanson wrote:

David Johanson wrote:

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Well, it proved to get more interesting after I tried a re-install of
windows (it failed) and I tried to reboot 7.1. The boot disk didn't work
giving only LIL- and stopping after that. I guess you set 7.1 to boot from
one specific site be it a drive or a floppy disk, but not both. So I tried
a couple of versions of SuSE just for kicks getting successful only with
the 9.1 version the others not providing mouse support.

So I'm still in the dark as to how one actually makes a boot disk(s) that
work when the normal MBR approach doesn't work.

dave

--
David C. Johanson
Linux Counter # 116410