Re: [SLE] dual boot system: partition table problem, XP does not boot anymore
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 09:07:33 -0500

On Sunday 16 May 2004 07:14, Malke Routh wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 13:33, Joe Peer wrote:
> > hi all!
> >
> > I've got a huge problem: I have an IBM T41 notebook with a 40G harddisk.
> > I had XP and Mandrake 10 on it, and both systems booted and ran well.
> > Then, i installed SuSE Linux 9.0 over the Mandrake distro, and since
> > then, Win XP does not boot anymore: the XP startup logo appears for 2
> > seconds and then i get a bluescreen telling me STOP 0x000000ED -
> > UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.
<SNIP>
I got that same schtick when I had Gentoo on my HP box. What I had to do was
go into the Safe zone & use System Restore to a date before loading the
distro ...and that cured it in my case. Hope it will for you, as well.
- --
...CH
Avoid doing business with 'The Link' ISP.
SuSE Is All U Need
Linux user# 313696
Linux box# 199365