Re: [SLE] Any wireless experts out there?
  • From: Bill Wisse <wiswp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 18:40:44 -1100
On Saturday 15 May 2004 15:33, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> Bill,
>
> if your network connection is working and you're able to connect via IP,
> then your problem is with name resolution.
> Edit your /etc/resolv.conf and add your ISP name servers IP addresses. You
> can then use the dns tools to check if your system is able to resolve
> names:
>
> dig www.suse.de ?
> dig www.yahoo.com ?
>
> If you're able to resolve names, you should be able to do everything else.
> Hope this helps.

Jorge and all the others who responded to my question:
I don't know why my DHCP failed suddenly but I went to static address setup
put in two IP addresses I got from my ISP in Name server 1 and 2 , and it is
all working again.

--
Greetings from

/bill at 169 west , 19 south.

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."

< Previous Next >