Question re: Kernel
  • From: Michael Satterwhite <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:10:54 -0500

I'm pretty sure I just did things the (very) hard way. I'm compiling a 2.6.6
kernel and ran "make oldconfig". I like to know what the parameters are so
that I can make a pseudo-intelligent choice as to the value selected.

The problem was that I couldn't find a place that had *ALL* the parameter
descriptions. There are Kconfig files scattered over heaven and creation that
have the parameters in them, but nothing with all of them. The only way I
could find to find the descriptions was to grep for the parameter and use
less to read about it. There has *GOT* to be a better way.

Does anyone know of a file / site / whatever that has a description of all the
config parameters in a single place - preferably by kernel version?