SuSE9.1 & Dell 2350 Desktop Problem
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 14:08:47 -0500

The SuSE9.1 Live & Installation CDs both come to a halt on pcmcia detection on
my neighbor's Dell 2350. Just won't proceed. With the Live-CD the
three-finger salute shuts things down in an orderly fashion but not w/the
installation CD. Have tried 'safe settings' and no dice.

Anyone out there using SuSE 9.1 on a Dell 2350 desktop please tell me how you
did it!! (My neighbor wants to try Linux, so I temporarily put Knoppix on
his box. Went on w/o a hitch, oddly enough.)

Thanks!
- --
...CH
Avoid doing business with 'The Link' ISP.
SuSE Is All U Need
Linux user# 313696
Linux box# 199365

  • No further messages