Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Feedback - Anyone ?
  • From: Thom Nuzum <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 11:26:39 -0400
A couple more things:
CD stuff is much improved in 9.1: CD burning works better than in Windows and
Real Player works great as does CD playing. Both simpler than with XP.
Big improvements with media though DVD needs the libs of course.
On the negative (besides the dual boot problem) is Evolution version also my
Epson stylus photo RX500 only works with epson 700 selected, no other
selection would work in YAST: strange as you would think the generic epson
stylus would work. The negatives worked all in 9.0. Also my boot time is
slower in 9.1. That is OK as I leave my box on now and power management is
improved. All programs are much faster. I replaced my mouse (was jerking
around) with an optical one and its now awesomely precise.
SuSE 9.1 is great and should get folks like me off of Windows.
Only thing to do now is to get Alsa Modular synth setup so I can have more
fun.

< Previous Next >