Re: [SLE] SuSEconfig Question
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 17:03:30 +0200
* Bruce Marshall; <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> on 15 May, 2004 wrote:
On Saturday 15 May 2004 09:19 am, L. Mark Stone wrote:
Is it SuSEconfig that resets the permissions on the
folder /var/spool/samba? Or is there some SuSE cron job that does this?
(We'd like to disable this "feature", wherever it is...)

From time to time we have a Samba server that stops printing. The logs
show "insufficient permissions" on this folder. We reset the
permissions to make this world writeable, but the we find it has
"reverted" back.

Not sure if this is the source but a good place to look would be:

/etc/permissions

actually /etc/permissions.local is the file to do these things and then
in /etc/sysconfig/security

PERMISSION_SECURITY="whatever local"

whatever is easy secure or paronoid or really whatever :-)
--

Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list;

Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum

< Previous Next >