8.2 to 9.1, wireless no longer works
  • From: Steve Jacobs <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 00:34:15 -0400
I've got an Inspiron 8500 (Dell laptop) with a TrueMobile 1300 internal wireless NIC.

Until today I'd been using Suse 8.2. With the help of ndiswrapper, I was able to use the wireless NIC.

I've upgraded the 8.2 install to 9.1. For the most part I'm thrilled (ACPI! Power Mgmt! Battery Status! YaHoo!!!!!), but my wireless no longer works, and I'm too ignorant to figure it out.

I recompiled the ndiswrapper, but when I insmod the resulting ndiswrapper.o I get an error (unfortunately I don't recall what exactly, other than the word 'maagic' was in there somewhere).

I think my best course of action would be to completely remove the exisitng ndiswrapper (installed sometime around last December - maybe version .2?) and apply the latest version of ndiswrapper to the new Suse. But I don't know how to do that.

help?

-- Steve