Graphic desktop
  • From: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:16:10 +0800
Since a while I don't have a graphic desktop anymore! (Harddisk error and than kdeinit problems)

I have now a little bit time to try to fix it.

I am in init mode 3
# yast
tells me:
/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libscr.so.2 undefined symbol: cerr

Graphic would be nice to get Yast running again to install some packages I am missing.
If I could get yast in text mode to work, than I could uninstall kde and install kde, right?
BTW, I tried to use another GUI, like GNOME, ... but with none of them I can open Yast's Install Software module.

At the moment I need (urgent) to install other packages (*-develop)

bye

Ronald

--
Ronald Wiplinger (CEO of ELMIT)
http://www.elmit.com +886 (0) 915 653-452

PS: Spam prevention!
Our system is protected with a spam prevention program. If you send us an e-mail, our system will send you a confirmation message back. Just reply to this confirmation message please. After receiving this confirmation message, our system will send the hold message (one) and all future messages (after the received confirmation message) to me without asking you again.

  • No further messages