Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Feedback - Anyone ?
  • From: Matthew <startux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:49:25 -0700
On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 12:07, Stewart Taylor wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 11:58, Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) L1 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone have received and installed SuSE 9.1?
> >
> > Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Andrei
>
> See my post 9.1 trashed my HD. Once I got it installed it is just so much
> better than 8.0 in every respect I've looked at so far. On my AMD Athlon XP
> 2000 + it seems much faster and things seem much slicker and well polished.
>
> Stewart

Had to delete my partition table too on one drive, including the label.
Been fine ever since, maybe parted needs a really clean drive to
function properly?

Only other upset so far was CUPS, if it goes off-line and you need to
restart your printer it seems to be too user unfriendly atm, although
the current setup is probably goo for networked PC's...

Matt