From: Ben Higginbottom [mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 5:25 PM
To: 'DChristensen@xxxxxxxxxx '; Ben Higginbottom; 'suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx '
Subject: RE: [SLE] Samba/Wnbind on SuSE 9.0

>Do I have to manually add all of my users using smbpasswd even though
>winbindd actually finds them okay?

No you can sync the two by first joining the domain with:

net rpc join -S THEIMG -U Administrator

after you've entered the 'THEIMG' admin password, you can then make sure
that winbind is getting the information needed from the windows server with

wbinfo -u

for users and:

wbinfo -g

for groups, so long as you get something sensible back you can then run

getent passwd

to grab the password info, and

getent groups

to get the groups. When run both of these commands should echo back
something that looks like /etc/passwd and /etc/groups. Restart the relevant
services and that should be it.

Regards,

Ben
< Previous Next >