9.1 ansdSamba
  • From: Dan Weisenstein <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:35:24 -0700
I know this has been discussed in previous threads, but I didn't see any resolution. I have two 9.1 systems. On one I have two Samba shares - my home dir and /home/shared. On the other I have only shared /home/shared. The first machine is an upgrade from 9.0. The second is a clean install. Both have all of the patches suggested by YOU.

On the first, my home dir works perfectly. I can see it and write to it from WinXP boxes. /home/shared is visible and it can be seen, but I cannot write to it from any XP box. I've set the smbpasswd and the smb.conf file looks correct. I've even copied the settings from the [homes] section to the [shared] section, but nothing seems to help. Stopped and restarted Samba.

For the second machine, the share doesn't even show up on the network at all. Since I'm in the process of building a third system for a server, I really need Samba to work. The perms on the /home/shared directories are wide open, chmod'd to G+S and owned by root.public. I have the same accounts on the XP machines and the servers. I used YaST to set all of this up.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you remedy it?

Thanks- Dan

  • No further messages