Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1: fonts rendering problem
  • From: "Trey Sizemore" <trey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:38:58 -0400

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:21:57 +0100, "Frederic Soulier"
<frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi
>
> Well the letter "m" of the "Bitstream Vera Sans 9" is badly rendered. It
> almost looks like a "n" the last leg of the "m" is not drawn except for
> a tiny bit at the top.
>
> /Fred

I, too, have noticed that the fonts in SUSE 9.1 (using Bitstream Vera
Sans) are not as 'nice' looking as I've seen in other distros on my
machine (Dell Latitude D600 laptop). I'm running at a resolution of 1400
x 1050 and when I have these fonts set at 8 point, they're very blurred.
Are there some settings I should tweak to make this better, or is this a
font server issue, or something else entirely.

I would definately appreciate some input as everything else about the
disto is great.

Thanks.
--
Trey Sizemore