Re: [SLE] OT How run program in another PC
  • From: AV <mdk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 20:07:43 +0300
Anders Johansson wrote:

On Friday 14 May 2004 16.51, AV wrote:

my home internet is slow so I have trouble to download bigger files. But
I have access to another PC in work via SSH with good internet. I would
like to run wget command on that PC and disconnect leaving it working in
bakground and getting files. How can I do that?
Thank You.

'man wget' might be interesting.

Just add '-b' to the parameter list to wget. Then you can log off and it will keep running in the background.

Thank You. I knew about 'man wget', and parameter '-b' but was not sure about it ;-) . How about the same in 'rsync'?

Thank You for answer.

Audrius