Re: [SLE] How to add new linux installation to existing GRUB bottmanager
  • From: Art Fore <afore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:06:49 -0700
I did this with SUSE 9.0 and 9.1. Here is what I did. (Make appropriate
cfhanges for your installation)

as root, open /boot/grub/menu.lst

You will have a section for SUSE Lin similar to below.

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: linux###
title Linux 9.1
kernel (hd0,6)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda7 vga=0x317 splash=silent
desktop resume=/dev/hda5 showopts
initrd (hd0,6)/boot/initrd

Copy this, then paste it above, or below the existing text depending on
what order you want it to appear in grub when it comes up. Then modify
it like I did mine.

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: linux###
title Linux 9.0
kernel (hd0,5)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda6 vga=0x317 splash=silent
desktop resume=/dev/hda5 showopts ide=nodma apm=off acpi=off nosmp
noapic maxcpus=0 3
initrd (hd0,5)/boot/initrd

Some of the changes I got from looking at the menu.lst file on the other
installation.

Save the file and reboot. you should have it there.

Art