Re: [SLE] 9.1 and sound problems via-82xx chipset
  • From: Mike Coan <mikecoan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:44:44 -0400
Neal,

On Friday 14 May 2004 08:23, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> Mike Coan wrote:
> > I have an ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard with the VIA 8233/8235 chipset. sound
> > was working perfectly in 9.0
> >
> > I did a clean install of 9.1. The install detects the via 82xx properly
> > and
> > seems to configure it fine. There are no error messages.
>
> Same here. Did you find a solution?
>
> I had Fedora Core2 on this machine, and sound worked (alsa using ALSA and
> 2.6 kernel).

Not yet, but I haven't had much chance to work on it. I have seen some
postings in German via Google, but I don't speak German. I do, however,
enjoy reading the translated pages :)

One post I read indicated that someone had sound when he did a basic install,
but that sound disappeared when he installed kde. Haven't had a chance to
check that out.

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan