Re: [SLE] How to add new linux installation to existing GRUB bottmanager
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:03:12 -0400
On Friday 14 May 2004 08:47 am, Currie Sylvanus wrote:
> I am running SuSE 9.0 Pro on an AMD Athlon 1GHz ASUS A7V mobo
>
> In addition I have installed Xandros 2.0 into its own logical partition.
> However I did not allow Xandros to modify my MBR and my floppy drive is not
> working.
>
> I have tried using YaST to add Xandros to the boot menu, by pointing to the
> Xandros kernel and initrd
> but this has not worked. (all I get is a blank screen)
>
> Does anyone know how to add another linux installation to an existing SuSE
> boot config?

It is normally a very easy thing to add a new kernel or boot situation to:

/boot/grub/menu.lst

But it sounds like your problem could be deeper. I assume you *did* get YAST
to add Xandros to the list of boots.... but maybe your Xandros isn't
properly set up and it's not booting for that reason.

> --
> Sylvanus A. Currie
> Barnwood, 1N5
> British Energy Generation Ltd., Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucestershire, GL4
> 3RS
> * 777-2423, * 777-3231
> * +44(0) 1452-652423, * +44 (0) 1452-653231
> * +44 (0) 77-5253-4452, * Email <sylvanus.currie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:sylvanus.currie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
>
> "Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk ?"
> Microsoft spel chekar vor sail, worgs grate !!
> (By leitner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:leitner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> , Felix von
> Leitner)
>
> |* This message has been sent from the British Energy Group.
> |*
> |* British Energy plc
> |* Registered Office:-
> |* Redwood Crescent, Peel Park, East Kilbride, G74 5PR, United Kingdom
> |* Registered in Scotland (Number 162273). Tel: +44 (0) 1355 262000
> |*
> |* This email message and any attachments are for the use of the addressee
> | only. If you are not * the addressee you may not copy or use or disclose
> | the contents of this email to anyone else. * British Energy's
> | communications systems may be monitored and recorded by the company. *
> |* If you believe you have received this email in error please notify us by
> | telephoning +44 (0)1452 653113. *

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/14/04 09:01 +
"The next time the universe knocks on my door, I will pretend
I am not home."