Re: [SLE] Loading module for network card - 3c509
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:01:03 -0400
On Friday 14 May 2004 08:43 am, Fergus Wilde wrote:
> I did check to see if the module was loaded first, in fact - it wasn't.
>  The problem is undoubtedly a module - loading one.  I'm sure I will get it
> sorted out - however I'm equally sure a Linux neophyte would have scant
> chance, and it does seem a particular shame that the installer has blown
> this when so many versions of SuSE handled it without problems.

Not 'the' module. I think he was referring to looking for a module that might
have been loaded for eth0 (but the wrong module) You'd have to get rid of
that module before loading the correct one.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/14/04 09:00 +
"99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name."