Re: [SLE] Re: Plugin....
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:36:25 -0500
* Jerome Lyles <susemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-13-04 20:28]:

> I did as you suggested and it shows up! Now how do I use it?:0)

You take a photograph in RAW mode with your digital camera, import the
RAW (orf extension with oly boxes, others I know not) file onto your
hard drive or access it directly from the camera or chip-reader with
The GIMP. The entire purpose of the rawphoto plug-in is to be able to
read RAW mode photographic image files. Was this not your purpose in
installing it?

> Also if I make the one in /opt/gnome/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins excecutable
> do you think it would show up in Xtns/Plugin details?

It should. Did you look at the permissions of the other plug-in files?
Much knowledge is available via a small look-around. Try it. Get your
feet wet.
HOG # US1244711