Re: [SLE] DISSAPOINTING: Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1, fails to read /dev/hda partitions...
  • From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:50:56 +0200
On Thu, May 13, Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:

> * Radu Voicu <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [May 12. 2004 07:58]:
> > I CAN'T believe that nobody used XFS in the whole BETA team - it seems
> > unbelievable!!!!
>
> Well, I did. I discovered the bug. But when such a bug is introduced
> very late in the process, and found too late wrt. shipping it, the only
> way for us to remedy is to provide an update.

To be more fair: The xfs bug itself was very old, but was hidden by
another bug. Fixing the second bug in the last minute activates the
xfs bug, which was found too late. At some point you cannot stop
the process anymore.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/ kukuk@xxxxxxx
SuSE Linux AG Maxfeldstr. 5 D-90409 Nuernberg