Re: [SLE] Slipstream 9.1?
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:57:32 +0200
Op woensdag 12 mei 2004 15:37, schreef Riccardo Facchini:
> Given the amount of errors I'm reading about 9.1 (and not planning to
> start a flame war, just asking). Is there any procedure to slipstream a
> 9.1 DVD starting from a Stock 9.1 DVD + all the available patches?
>
> may be interesting to install a 9.1 up-to-date from day one... don't
> you think so?
>
> I insist, I don't want to start a flame war regarding the stability or
> instability of 9.1 Pro... just asking if somebody ever slipstreamed a
> SuSE distro...

Setup your own repository, by copying the DVD/CDs to HD. Copy the updates and
everything else into the same rpm repository. After that create the
repository admin files with create_package_descr

> rpm -qf /usr/bin/create_package_descr
autoyast2-utils-2.8.14-20

It's now possible to install suse from HD :)) Just the way you want it.

More about create_package_descr can be found here:
http://www.suse.de/~nashif/autoinstall/

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless