"My Computer" - Whazzat?
  • From: Michael Nelson <michaelnel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:21:38 -0700
Since upgrading to 9.1 from 9.0 I have this annoying "My Computer" icon on
my desktop that appears to do nothing useful.

If I click on it it brings up Konqueror in a small window on the url
"drives:/". But nothing shows in the window. If I right click on the
window and try to create a new device it pops up the dialog to let me
configure the device, but when I try to apply it, it says "Writing to drives
is not supported".

I have tried to research this, but "Konqueror" and "drives" and "My
Computer" searches didn't help.

What is this thing and what is it supposed to do?

Thanks
Michael