9.1 USB Mouse Problems
  • From: Bill Bradley <bbradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:02:08 -0500
Hello All,
mo
I just installed 9.1 on my notebook and am loving it. However I am
having a major usb problem in that it is not working at all. After the
install I used online update to grab patches and updated the kernel to
2.6.4-54.5. I have tried to get my usb mouse and flash drive working to
no avail. Here is the output of lsmod|grep usb:

usbserial 28912 0
usbcore 96988 3 usbserial,hid

So i though ok, no mouse so I did a modprobe usbmouse and got:

FATAL: Module usbmouse not found.

Does it seem weird that suse wouldn't include modules in a kernel
update. Is there a package or way around this with out recompiling.

thanks,
bill bradley