Re: [SLE] DISSAPOINTING: Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1, fails to read /dev/hda partitions...
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:33:11 -0400
On Wednesday 12 May 2004 02:38 am, W.D.McKinney wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 21:56, Radu Voicu wrote:
> > Well, yeah, sadly, I had the same problem, I had /dev/hda2 (root
> > partition) formatted XFS, but the kernel wasn't able to mount it... I am
> > still wondering what to do... to boot with an older SuSE distro (8.2,
> > 9.0), and to update the kernel somehow (there's plenty of updates
> > available - that makes me wonder if that wasn't a "rush release" - I
> > don't have any excuse for the SuSE team and I find NO explanation,
> > whatsoever, for leaving the kernel without XFS support)
>
> I have yet to purchase 9.1 here. We need XFS support for sure. Is there
> any fix for this ? We have standardized our servers on Debian previously
> but as the latest one had new Adaptec Raid, SuSE was the only distro
> that would pick up the hardware and find the HD upon the install.
>
> Kudo's to SuSE on the 9.0 Pro version for this. We are awaiting to hear
> now on the XFS issue before moving up.

Go search the data base. I have a printout here of the work around for
everything but the '/' partition. And they are working on that.

> Dee
>
> > I had LOTS of other problems, (no XFS support, slab.c kernel panic, grub
> > not installable, hunging at start, hunging at installation finish)
> >
> > I am pretty upset and I feel like I have been let down by the SuSE team,
> > I wasn't expecting such a mess from a German company
> >
> > I CAN'T believe that nobody used XFS in the whole BETA team - it seems
> > unbelievable!!!!

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/12/04 09:32 +
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is
it considered a hostage situation?"

< Previous Next >