Re: [SLE] More on mounting cf cards / cameras / stability of konq 3.2.2
  • From: Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:30:59 +0100
On Wednesday 12 May 2004 14:19, Marshall Heartley wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Responding to your own query is the mark of the loon. But I forgot,
> > rudely, to mention that Patrick Shanahan has already kindly suggested
> > using 'rchotplug restart' to see if it would get the disk or camera to
> > mount properly; sadly it doesn't.
>
> Did you look in My Computer to see if the camera is in there after you
> plug it in?
>
> You can do the same thing as above by the URL devices:/ in a konqueror
> window.
>
> I believe in 9.1 that cameras as well as CDs and floppies are now
> handled by submount.

Thanks Marshall, yes, as I was saying, the machine sees the camera and makes
it go like:

> Rather like Art Fore's problems with a firewire hd, I get a 'cant enter
> folder' message, or sometimes no message at all. Though at least ARt seems
> to be able to get to part of his disk. SuSEplugger can see the cf disk as
> a disk in at least some cases, and sometimes a Konq window opens. The
> camera gets assigned a directory like:
>
> file:/media/usb-storage-odd-NIKON-NIKONDSCD70:0:0:0p1

But the point is that directory is not accessible. You can cd into it, but you
cant get an ls (No media found). In some instances Konq opens a window, but
it locks up and doesn't display any contents.

So submount (if the culprit) is failing to mount it.

I'm about to post a transcript of the gory USB logs, in case some USB guru can
help ...

Thanks again
Fergus

--